I work a lot on WordPress, and these are the tools I use. If you use another platform, you still want to follow the concepts for your platform.
- 73% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that was too slow to load.
- 51% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that crashed, froze, or received an error.
- 38% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that wasn’t available.
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- A 1 second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions.
- If an e-commerce site is making $100,000 per day, a 1 second page delay could potentially cost you $2.5 million in lost sales every year.
You can see the infographic here: How Loading Time Affects Your Bottom Line
In testing and experience, gains of 20% or more in traffic are possible, just by optimizing for page load. With one major customer, cutting the page load time from ~8 to ~5.5s added over 2 million Unique Visitors.
This is what I do and why.[ Members Only Content - please sign up to view it... ]